Monday, November 5, 2012

A teenage view on elections

For those who aren't aware, tomorrow (or today) is election day, the day when we pick our president and a bunch of other important junk that no one really pays attention to. I have followed the presidential race since about August when my government class really made it apparent to me that THIS IS IMPORTANT!
I got your attention, huh? Good!
Now first off, I think you should know that one must be at least 18, an American citizen, and registered to vote tomorrow. If you meet the first two requirements, but not the third, fix that tomorrow. Regardless, you'd better go vote! Unfortunately, I don't even meet the first requirement (sad day!), so I'll be sitting this one out. But you'd better believe that I'm telling everyone I see to go vote tomorrow! I'm not witty or intelligent enough on this Monday evening to tell you anything else useful, so we're moving on, not skillfully.

Don't forget to Vote, America!

I think everyone should get off their butts and go vote. Not because your vote matters or any of that crap (though it does. Studies say that if the Independent Party gets 5% of the vote this year, next term's election will be much more interesting.), but because I, a 17 year old high school student, wants so desperately to vote, but can't. I think it's ridiculous that some people just don't want to go do it! It' not even very difficult. Anymore you don't even have to go anyplace. For instance, I live in a rural area and they mail our ballots to us. That excuse is invalid! Also, you have absolutely no room to complain about the government and all it's lovely issues if you never vote for or against anything you believe in.
All I'm saying here is, you should go vote if you can, because voting is super important.

No comments:

Post a Comment